JEWELRY, MAKE-UP & GLASSES
• For jewelry, think classic. Nothing too decorative or large as we want the attention to be on you not your bling.
• If you wear glasses, clean them right before you come into your portrait session. If you’re wondering whether or not to wear them, consider how people are used to seeing you: with or without.
• If going with the clean shaven look, get that razor ready just before your session. Facial hair can be visible just within a few hours of shaving.
HAIR & SKIN TIPS
• Avoid excessive make-up. We want to see the real you.
• Heads-up: everyone gets a quick powder to decrease shine once you’re on set. If you’d like to use your own, bring it along.
• Remove any stray hairs from noses, eye brows, ears. Tweezing is your friend.
• If your planning on coloring your hair, try to schedule this with a trim a week before your session so the color can settle.
• Be nice to yourself. If you partake, avoid alcohol for several days before your session, get a good night’s sleep and remember to hydrate. Doing these things will help prevent under-eye bags and keep your skin looking smooth.
• Have a blemish? Have no fear. We have Photoshop for that.
The last thought…..I admit, I am not a fan of having my photo taken so I totally empathize if you too, are not a fan. But there really is no need to worry as it does not need to be a painful experience. In fact, the key is to make it fun and how we approach this together is probably the most important factor in making a professional, approachable and authentic portrait. So, just run with the tips provided and then you can relax and let us work our magic!